As per directions from Cabinet Secretariat (PMO), DGE has implemented two DBT cash Schemes for transferring the benefits directly into the Aadhaar seeded accounts of the beneficiaries through PFMS Portal.
Presently, two DBT schemes are being implemented by Directorate General of Employment, viz.,
- Welfare of SC/ST jobseekers through Coaching cum Guidance Centers (CGCs). Now renamed as NCSC for SC/ST.
- Scheme of Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Handicapped (VRCs) renamed as NCSC for DA.
Under first Scheme, presently 25 NCSC for SC/ST Centers are working across the country. Out of which 22 centers are implementing DBT Scheme to enhance the employability of educated SC/ST job-seekers registered with the Employment Exchanges and NCS Portal through Coaching/Training/Counselling etc. These Centers are located in Aizwal, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Delhi, Guwahati, Hisar, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jowai, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kohima, Mandi, Chennai, Nagpur, Ranchi, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Puducherry, Naharlagun and Vishakhapatnam
These centers are organizing the following courses through reputed institution and NEILIT. These courses are provided totally free of cost to SC/ST candidate only;
(1) Special Coaching Scheme (11 months) which enables the candidates to compete in competitive exams and prepare for interview for Group-C clerical posts etc.
(2) Computer ‘O’ Level Software Course through NIELIT (12 Months) which equips the candidates with latest knowledge in the field of information technology.
(3) Computer ‘O’ Level Hardware and Maintenance Course (12 months) through NIELIT. Which helps the candidates master in the field of computer hardware.
The eligible candidates are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs. 1,000/- per month per candidate paid subject to condition of 80% or more attendance in a particular month, which is paid directly into the bank account of the beneficiary online through PFMS Portal.
Under second Scheme, presently 24 NCSC for DA Centers are working across the country. Out of which 21 centers are implementing DBT Scheme to enhance the employability of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs). The center In-charge along with required staff assess the residual capability of the candidate and adopts different official process and admits in NCSC for DA training vocational course. The centers are located at Agartala, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Patna, Mumbai, Puducherry, Ranchi, Trivendrum, Srinagar, Una and Vadodara.
All the vocation training courses are organised in-house by the concerned NCSC for DA Centres. These course are totally free of cost for only PwDs according to norms.
The eligible candidates are paid a monthly stipend @ Rs.2,500/- per month per candidate subject to condition of 80% or more attendance in a particular month, which is paid directly into the bank account of the beneficiary online through PFMS Portal.
For more information/querry(if any), you may contact DBT Section, DGE @